“Video is the future of content marketing. That is, if it’s not the here and now.” -Chris Trimble, Axonn Media
19 Stats on video marketing for 2017
1. 68% of marketers believe that original digital video content will be as important as original TV programming in the next 3 years.
2. Original digital video content now accounts for 44% of budget, up from 38% two years ago.
3. In the US, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than ANY broadcast or cable TV network, and YouTube does that on mobile alone.
4. In the US, during prime time, more 18-49 year olds tune into YouTube than into the top 10 TV shows combined.
5. Among US teens, 8 of the top 10 most popular and influential celebrities are YouTube stars.
6. Over 800 YouTube creators have more than one million subscribers.
7. 6 out of 10 YouTube subscribers say their view of a brand or company has been influenced by a creator.
8. In 2016, more video content will be uploaded in 30 days than all three major U.S. T.V. networks combined have created in 30 years.
9. The number of hours people spend watching YouTube on TV screens has more than doubled year over year.
10. It’s estimated that mobile video will account for 75% of total mobile data traffic by 2020.
11. We are watching 100 million hours of video on Facebook every day.
12. Time spent watching video content on Instagram has increased by more than 40% in the last six months.
13. 55% of people in the U.S. watch videos every day, 78% of U.S. Internet users watch videos online every week!
14. 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound.
15. The most-watched US Entertainment TV brand in March 2016 was WWE, with 772.1 million views.
16. Snapchat Users Now Watch Ten Billion Videos Per Day!
17. Comedy is the most popular form of online video content among all viewers at 39% followed by news (33%) and music (31%).
18. The most-watched US TV News brand in March 2016 was Fox News, with 377.2 million views.
19. The most-watched US TV food brand in March 2016 was the Food Network, with 188.7 million views. (
Source: 19 Big Video Marketing Statistics for Media Brands
©TubularInsights.com, All Rights Reserved